freah water no chemicals

Jul 23, 2015
harlingen,tx
Ok so after my intex ..turned into the spawn of evil seems like I've been working on my pool more than being in it. Isn't a pool suppose to be fun:eek: seriously thinking of getting rid of it... I need to put the chemicals. Question how many gallons,does my pool hold its a intex ultra frame 20x52 for some,reason I can't remember from previous years think I'm going into pool shock.so if anyone can tell me how to keep this water crystal clear I might be able too forgive myself for screwing up .its going to be over a hundred out today can I put shock in now,do I wait till this evening .please help I don't want to lose my beautiful water please help. Wont water in a pool without chemicals great algae. Texas is just too hot need help

There's a calculator at the bottom of the pool math page where you put in your pool dimensions and it will tell you how many gallons it holds. Your 20'x52" holds 10000 gallons.

Just dumping stuff randomly in your pool is not the TFP method. We rely on accurate testing and only adding exactly what your pool needs.

Start by reading Pool School - TFP Home Page

Them go to http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html and put in 10000 as your size. Set your current CYA to 0 with a goal of 30, and your FC to 0 with a goal of 4, and add what it tells you to add in stabilizer and bleach.

You'll also need to test your pH somehow and put it in as your current level and target 7.2-7.6. Then add either muriatic acid or borax to get it into that range.

Everything you need is available at WalMart, except for perhaps the stabilizer (cyanuric acid, CYA). You might have to go to a pool store for that, but don't let them sell you ANYTHING else.

If you're truly interested in keeping your pool healthy and swim ready, you need to put forth the effort to learn how big your pool is (how many gallons?) and what your test results are.

It will take minutes to go to TFTestkits.net and order a test kit, either a Taylor's K-2006 or the TF-100. Then about one or two tests will save you all the money you won't be spending on unnecessary chemicals at the pool store. The test kit pays for itself really.

And you need to read a little in Pool School to learn which chemicals you do want to use- household bleach is one most commonly used to raise chlorine levels. But you also need a little stabilizer to buffer that chlorine from your hot Tejas sun.

Make the effort=Reap the rewards of a sparkling clean pool with clear healthy water

Sandra,

This is my first year following the TFP method. It works. Its cheaper by a long shot and these people on this forum are wonderful. Do what they tell you, read up yourself and you will find a joy in having a pool that is unbelievable. If I can do it, you can too!

Rob

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.