Regular testing, how often?

QingGuy

Silver Supporter
Mar 22, 2015
Las Vegas NV
I thought this information was posted in one of the sticky's explaining how to do each test but I don't see it and my search-fu seems to be weak this morning. How often should I run each test. For example in my 5 - 6 week old pool I've been testing cholorine daily, pH every other day CYA once (will test again this weekend) and the other tests rather randomly. Is there a guide as to how often to run each test? I apologize if this is clearly posted somewhere, I can't find it.

Until you learn how your pool reacts, I would recommend testing as follows.

FC, use the OTO test daily, use the FAS-DPD weekly. If the OTO shows low FC, then use the FAS-DPD to see if CC's are high and go from there.
pH - daily until you learn your pool personality, then adjust as you see fit
CH, TA, and CYA, monthly

Personally I test FC and CC everyday. In a newer pool you should find your sweet spot with PH TA and CYA. for instance I can go a few days on my PH because it stays at 7.3 -7.4. CYA every week or so since you only lose some with adding water and splash out. If I notice my FC isn't holding as well I check CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.