Creative idea needed

Hoping I have posted this is in the right spot.

I have been trying to work out a way to that I can get around 'empty to waste' and was hoping some one here may be able to help. Some details about why I am trying to do this:

Our pump died and our pool turned into green Algae heaven. We have recently been able to fix the pump and kill the algae.

The algae is dead and it has left the pool a cloudy white.

The pump has been running for 48 hours and there is little difference to the cloudiness. It settles a little and when I vacuum it (very slowly) it just recirculates and comes out the return jets. (I am assuming that as the dead algae is so small the filter is unable to pick it up)

I have washed the filter and the cartridge is only a few months old. The pressure on the filter is in correct range.

I am unable to backwash or empty to waste as I have a cartridge filter and there is no option for this.

Is there any way I can hook something up to my return jet? So when I am vacuuming that I can have something attached to the return jet so the dead algae does not come straight back in the pool? ie some sort of attachment to buy/make? (rather than someone holding a hose against the jet?)

The testing on the pool is
CA 60
FC 9
Tot c 9
ph 7.2
TA 100
Calcium 260

Hoping someone here has a creative idea as all I can think of is to empty the entire pool which is not a path we want to go down!

you can buy skimmer socks at bunnings (which are like vacuum cleaner bag material)
but... a cartridge filter is one of the best types for clearing a pool
so i think you may have a different issue
does your filter have a recirculate feature, may be set to recirculate
is the cartridge mounted correctly, does it have any holes in it

If your filter is not catching it I suspect you have a problem with your filter elements, but to answer your question yes there are filter bags you can attach to your returns to catch the stuff. One option is a Slime bag The Slime Bag | The Easiest Way To Maintain Crystal Clear Pool Water. also people have found a much cheaper alternative product from Duda Diesel filter bag | Duda Diesel Alternative Energy, Chemicals & Industrial Supply Store for the intended purpose of making biodiesel see this thread SlimeBag for 1/10 of the price, yes you can!! Perhaps you can find something similar locally.

Yes have the sock but it goes right through it........ ie after say an hour or 2 of filter running, I check the sock and there is hardly anything at all in it.

no recirculate feature (I assume it just always does this)

Yes cartridge is all good, no holes, this is the only time we have had an issue........

you could use a 3 way neverlube jandy valve like this

75EwBLXl.jpg

QSVg2Wil.jpg

aYd3XcXl.jpg

vwkRSaLl.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.