finish my testing and need some advice

May 24, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Here are my numbers.

FC: 3.5 (running boost on SWG so about 24hrs left) I will adjust after boost mode is complete.
CC: 0
PH: 8.0 or higher ( I can get it lowered to 7.6 by adding about 24 ounce of Muriatic Acid @ 29%)
TA: 200 (test kit calls 2 gallons of muriatic acid to bring it down by 100ppm @ 20^ Baume.
CH: 150 (don't touch for vynil?)
CYA: 35 (left two socks near the return with about 3lbs of HTH Stabilizer which will give about 30-35ppm)
Salt: 3200 (sounds about right for the size of pool)

Any advice. I think mainly help with TA/PH.

From what I read adding muriatic acid to bring TA/PH down and bring up PH by using fountain or splash. Repeat again? This seems to be time consuming?

Don't add all that acid to lower TA at once. It will drive pH too low. Just adjust pH to 7.2. TA will lower some with the pH. The pH will naturally rise and you can lower it again and reduce TA some more. It may take a few weeks, but your pool will remain swimmable the whole time. If you add the whole two gallons you will push pH down somewhere into the 5s or 6s which will irritate eyes and skin.

Use poolmath and use the recommended levels dropdown menus on the last row. It will autofill your suggested values and tell you what to add. And as CYA changes, so will the recommended FC levels.

I see it saying a quart and a half of acid will take pH down to 7.2 and TA will drop about 20.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.