Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: finish my testing and need some advice

1. Back To Top    #1

finish my testing and need some advice

Here are my numbers.

FC: 3.5 (running boost on SWG so about 24hrs left) I will adjust after boost mode is complete.
    CC: 0
    PH: 8.0 or higher ( I can get it lowered to 7.6 by adding about 24 ounce of Muriatic Acid @ 29%)
    TA: 200 (test kit calls 2 gallons of muriatic acid to bring it down by 100ppm @ 20^ Baume.
    CH: 150 (don't touch for vynil?)
    CYA: 35 (left two socks near the return with about 3lbs of HTH Stabilizer which will give about 30-35ppm)
    Salt: 3200 (sounds about right for the size of pool)

Any advice. I think mainly help with TA/PH.

From what I read adding muriatic acid to bring TA/PH down and bring up PH by using fountain or splash. Repeat again? This seems to be time consuming?
    --------
    Intex 22' x 52" Ultra Frame - approx 10,000 gallons of water
    Intex Sand Filter pump (8hrs Run Time)
    Krystal Clear Saltwater Model 7110/8110 (6hr run time/day)
    K-2006 TEST KIT

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: finish my testing and need some advice

Don't add all that acid to lower TA at once. It will drive pH too low. Just adjust pH to 7.2. TA will lower some with the pH. The pH will naturally rise and you can lower it again and reduce TA some more. It may take a few weeks, but your pool will remain swimmable the whole time. If you add the whole two gallons you will push pH down somewhere into the 5s or 6s which will irritate eyes and skin.

Use poolmath and use the recommended levels dropdown menus on the last row. It will autofill your suggested values and tell you what to add. And as CYA changes, so will the recommended FC levels.

I see it saying a quart and a half of acid will take pH down to 7.2 and TA will drop about 20.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: finish my testing and need some advice

Thank You, That's what I figured it would need to happen. Not sure why the Taylor book says to dump all at once. I will keep at it and plug my numbers.
    --------
    Intex 22' x 52" Ultra Frame - approx 10,000 gallons of water
    Intex Sand Filter pump (8hrs Run Time)
    Krystal Clear Saltwater Model 7110/8110 (6hr run time/day)
    K-2006 TEST KIT