Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ic-40 and intelliflo

1. Back To Top    #1

Ic-40 and intelliflo

Pairing these two together and want to see if there is an easy way to setup a run cycle on the pump and an output percent on the swg to get the desired chlorine to take advantage of the vs pump. Any advice would be helpful

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ic-40 and intelliflo

What I ended up doing is finally put a Timer to control the power to the SWG. It made my pump run time vs cell run time and chlorine output infinitely easier.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

I have both but I have an IntelliTouch/EasyTouch control system. You need the Pentair automation for the IC line of SWGs or else your output power selection is limited to increments of 20%.

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

4. Back To Top    #4

Same here. Only problem is the timer could be out sync with the pump timer.

5. Back To Top    #5

It's all trial and error determined by your priorities. What is it you want most? Me, I'm a tight wad and have close neighbors so I only run my pump in the AM before the second tier PG&E kicks in. I need a couple of high speed hours for the infloor and then a few more making chlorine and skimming. Pump time is 5 hours per day at 70%. That keeps me at 6ppm, which is on the low side but I monitor closely and augment occasionally with bleach.

First thing you need to find out is what the minimum speed you need to run to make chlorine. I'm at 1800 rpm, others on the forum are much less. Play with the buttons and test, test, test. You will find the sweet spot.
    13,000 gal.Peanut shaped IG Plaster (med. gray) w/ 7' raised spa. ALL Pentair: Intelliflow 3hp VS, Cartridge filter, 400,000 btu heater, 2.0hp spa motor, Easy Touch control panel & is4 spa side switch, Intellichlor 40C SWG, Paramount PV3 In Floor cleaning system, spa spillway and two sheer descents. Solar: 10 FAFCO panels 1.5hp booster. Testt kits: K-2006 & K1766 (Chloride/Salt) Fill date August 15, 2114.

6. Back To Top    #6

My pump runs at 1100 rpm either 24x7 or 12x7 depending on if our trees are busy or really busy putting stuff in the pool. Pump is wired direct to the breaker. IC40 is wired to a time clock. Right now I think my SWG is running 8 hours at 60%. The time clock makes it easy to add or subtract an hour to dial in the FC. Makes the 20% increments a non-issue. If the pump isn't on for some reason the flow sensor will shut off the SWG. We left the SWG on 24x7 the first year and let the flow switch turn it off and on, worked fine that way too.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach