Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Please tell me this is good news...

1. Back To Top    #1

Talking Please tell me this is good news...

First, let me say THANK YOU to everyone who has responded to my posts. I really like this site and have learned so much thus far.

i just need a confirmation that what I am seeing is actually true. if it is, I don't care how late it is, i'm jumping in the pool!!!

We've been slamming for roughly a week.

FC levels maintained at 12 overnight last night, this afternoon dropped to 9, added some bleach and we're back at 12!
    CYA 30

The water is crystal clear. I am currently unable to get the vacuum working with Hubby out because every time I I try to hook it up, I end up having to turn off the pump, refill it with water and plug it back in , but I have been brushing the floor and the sides twice today and once yesterday. Hubby was here, but had to leave on sunday. He has been brushing and vacuuming daily.

the floor still has some stuff at the bottom and I can't tell if it's algae. to me, it's sparse and looks like there is some debris on the floor. I don't feel that it has increased since Sunday.

I ran the numbers through the pool calculator and it does not advise me to add anything to the pool.

can i swim now? can i swim now? can i swim now?
    Forest Hill, MD \ AG 24 FT Round ~ 13,000 Gal \ Hayward Power Flo LX 1.5HP w/ Hayward S210T Pro Series Sand Filter\ Perhaps 2009 \ Taylor Complete High K-2005 Test Kit \ Well filled

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Please tell me this is good news...

our usual answer is that it's okay to swim if you feel safe and the FC is below the SLAM level. Even just a little below is okay. Don't recommend wearing your favorite suit, just in case.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

3. Back To Top    #3

Sure. And while you're in there, create a whirlpool just before you get out by running around the edge. That will get all the debris collected in the center for easier vacuuming when it all settles.

Are you filling the vacuum hose with water before you connect it? Some people try holding it in front of a return. I just set the head on the floor of the pool and slowly feed the hose in straight down so all the air gets forced out. Then I just slip it through the skimmer throat and connect it. The pump may hiccup once, but I never lose prime that way.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Night time swimming under the stars are some of the best swims.....
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

5. Back To Top    #5

lol, and to think when I was a kid I used to 'make whirpools' with my friends for fun.

I put the vacuum attachment at the bottom of the pool and put the other end in front of the return, then I would put that end into the skimmer as soon as i can, but maybe i'm just not quick enough. at the time, I don't think I had enough water in the pool either and have since refilled it, so maybe I will have better luck tomorrow.

Maybe I can treat myself and get IN the pool and vacuum. OH JOY!
    Forest Hill, MD \ AG 24 FT Round ~ 13,000 Gal \ Hayward Power Flo LX 1.5HP w/ Hayward S210T Pro Series Sand Filter\ Perhaps 2009 \ Taylor Complete High K-2005 Test Kit \ Well filled