Lifetime Fiberglass brand pools? Anyone have one?

Jul 20, 2015
Newton, NJ
I've been researching getting a fiberglass pool installed in Northern NJ. It seems Viking and Blue Hawaiian are both pretty popular in my area. We've interviewed 6 PB's so far, and now 2 of them have brought up "Lifetime Fiberglass Pools" as a possible alternative they felt was "better". They both cited the pools having better apparent quality and better shape options.

My wife an I really like the 18 x 44 Free Form pool they offer with a max depth of 6'.

Does anyone have any experience or information about this manufacturer? I can't seem to find squat on the 'net.

We have a Viking pool - the Poseidon. It's 16'x40', and about 3.5' to 7' in depth (17,888 gal). You can see it in my signature link titled "My pool". We are very pleased with it. I suspect most FB pools are built fairly strong, it's the installer you have to worry about. The crews (leveling, plumbing, electrician, etc), shop techniques, attention to detail, etc. That's what will bite you. :shark:

We have a Viking pool - the Poseidon. It's 16'x40', and about 3.5' to 7' in depth (17,888 gal). You can see it in my signature link titled "My pool". We are very pleased with it. I suspect most FB pools are built fairly strong, it's the installer you have to worry about. The crews (leveling, plumbing, electrician, etc), shop techniques, attention to detail, etc. That's what will bite you. :shark:

We've been trying to interview installers using the information we've found on this site. Everyone of them seems to claim the exact same stuff, and it's all in line with what we've read here. Full gravel back fill, 2" rigid pipe, etc.

The PB I would "trust" the most so far from interviewing and knowing of the work they do is one of the ones who brought up this "Lifetime Fiberglass Pools" brand. He also installs Viking. I like the SHAPE of the Lifetime a fair bit more than the Viking's, but I need more info on the pool brand itself before I will slap down this kinda cash.

ac

We also have the Viking. ..bermuda. we have a small yard. 7500 gallons. We are very pleased. Absolutely roght about the installer can make or brake the deal. No issues with pool quality

My wife and I were pretty much settled on a Viking Gulf Coast/Blue Hawaiian Arcadia. THEN one of the well-respected Viking installers in my area pulled out the Lifetime brochure and we saw we could got 4' longer and 2' WIDER.

Now I'm stuck. On the surface (pardon any puns) it seems like a no-brainer to go with the Lifetime shell. However, I just can't find any information.

ac

- - - Updated - - -

Home - Lifetime Fiberglass PoolsLifetime Fiberglass Pools | Inground Fiberglass Swimming Pools built to last a lifetime

I dunno, there are sooooo many fiberglass pool companies...can they really all be producing different products? I just think they're probably all about the same except for warranty or install differences.

Get one of the sparkly blue ones, we love ours. :swim: (ours is by Hattaras )

- - - Updated - - -

I like your direction. We know no matter what company we go with we want "one of the sparkly blue ones". haha

That's my thought. The owner of Lifetime has invited me down to see his facility (it's ~2 hours from my house). I think I'm going to take him up on that.

ac

As with most things, the addage that 'you get what you pay for' is true with swimming pools as well.
Perhaps, the quality of the Lifetime pool will be equal to other better known brands, but only time will tell.

No matter which pool you choose though, proper water chemistry will be critical to the longeviety of the pool surface.

As with most things, the addage that 'you get what you pay for' is true with swimming pools as well.
Perhaps, the quality of the Lifetime pool will be equal to other better known brands, but only time will tell.

No matter which pool you choose though, proper water chemistry will be critical to the longeviety of the pool surface.

For proper water chemistry I think I've found the right place! This website has been a heck of a resource for us in this process. I already know what to commend in my PB's proposals/estimates, and what to laugh at!

A test kit in accordance with this site will be the absolute first pool purchase we make after signing the contract!

ac

For proper water chemistry I think I've found the right place! This website has been a heck of a resource for us in this process. I already know what to commend in my PB's proposals/estimates, and what to laugh at!

A test kit in accordance with this site will be the absolute first pool purchase we make after signing the contract!

ac

Did you end up buying a Lifetime Fiberglass Pool? I am looking at one but as you stated there is not much information on this company.

Mark

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am looking at a lifetime pool now and am curious if you are happy with your purchase. I saw a negative review on Facebook and since it's a newer company, I am wondering about how useful the warranty would be if the company doesn't last. Any and all advice would be appreciated. Thank you

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.