Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Lifetime Fiberglass brand pools? Anyone have one?

1. Back To Top    #1

Lifetime Fiberglass brand pools? Anyone have one?

I've been researching getting a fiberglass pool installed in Northern NJ. It seems Viking and Blue Hawaiian are both pretty popular in my area. We've interviewed 6 PB's so far, and now 2 of them have brought up "Lifetime Fiberglass Pools" as a possible alternative they felt was "better". They both cited the pools having better apparent quality and better shape options.

My wife an I really like the 18 x 44 Free Form pool they offer with a max depth of 6'.

Does anyone have any experience or information about this manufacturer? I can't seem to find squat on the 'net.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Lifetime Fiberglass brand pools? Anyone have one?

We have a Viking pool - the Poseidon. It's 16'x40', and about 3.5' to 7' in depth (17,888 gal). You can see it in my signature link titled "My pool". We are very pleased with it. I suspect most FB pools are built fairly strong, it's the installer you have to worry about. The crews (leveling, plumbing, electrician, etc), shop techniques, attention to detail, etc. That's what will bite you.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    We have a Viking pool - the Poseidon. It's 16'x40', and about 3.5' to 7' in depth (17,888 gal). You can see it in my signature link titled "My pool". We are very pleased with it. I suspect most FB pools are built fairly strong, it's the installer you have to worry about. The crews (leveling, plumbing, electrician, etc), shop techniques, attention to detail, etc. That's what will bite you.
    We've been trying to interview installers using the information we've found on this site. Everyone of them seems to claim the exact same stuff, and it's all in line with what we've read here. Full gravel back fill, 2" rigid pipe, etc.

The PB I would "trust" the most so far from interviewing and knowing of the work they do is one of the ones who brought up this "Lifetime Fiberglass Pools" brand. He also installs Viking. I like the SHAPE of the Lifetime a fair bit more than the Viking's, but I need more info on the pool brand itself before I will slap down this kinda cash.

ac

4. Back To Top    #4

We also have the Viking. ..bermuda. we have a small yard. 7500 gallons. We are very pleased. Absolutely roght about the installer can make or brake the deal. No issues with pool quality
    12 x 26 Viking FG IG, Bermuda Model, 3 1/2' to 5', 7000 Gallons, Diamond Series Maya, Hayward 1 1/2 HP Maxflo VS, Hayward Stay Clear Plus Cart Filter C17502(S), Hayward Aqua Rite SWG w/T3 cell, Color Changing FIBERSTAR Lighting, Aqua Bot Supreme Robotic cleaner, Brushed Concrete with CCI Liberty Tan color, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Armor Foundation penetrating concrete sealer(lifetime warranty).

5. Back To Top    #5

I'm pretty sure I've found an installer I trust...but like I said, he offered me a 2nd option in pool brands that has a shape I like MUCH more...but I can't find much info on the manufacturer!

ac

6. Back To Top    #6

Home - Lifetime Fiberglass PoolsLifetime Fiberglass Pools | Inground Fiberglass Swimming Pools built to last a lifetime

I dunno, there are sooooo many fiberglass pool companies...can they really all be producing different products? I just think they're probably all about the same except for warranty or install differences.

Get one of the sparkly blue ones, we love ours. (ours is by Hattaras )

- - - Updated - - -
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by rmturner54 View Post
    We also have the Viking. ..bermuda. we have a small yard. 7500 gallons. We are very pleased. Absolutely roght about the installer can make or brake the deal. No issues with pool quality
    My wife and I were pretty much settled on a Viking Gulf Coast/Blue Hawaiian Arcadia. THEN one of the well-respected Viking installers in my area pulled out the Lifetime brochure and we saw we could got 4' longer and 2' WIDER.

Now I'm stuck. On the surface (pardon any puns) it seems like a no-brainer to go with the Lifetime shell. However, I just can't find any information.

ac

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    Home - Lifetime Fiberglass PoolsLifetime Fiberglass Pools | Inground Fiberglass Swimming Pools built to last a lifetime

I dunno, there are sooooo many fiberglass pool companies...can they really all be producing different products? I just think they're probably all about the same except for warranty or install differences.

Get one of the sparkly blue ones, we love ours. (ours is by Hattaras )

- - - Updated - - -
    I like your direction. We know no matter what company we go with we want "one of the sparkly blue ones". haha

That's my thought. The owner of Lifetime has invited me down to see his facility (it's ~2 hours from my house). I think I'm going to take him up on that.

ac

8. Back To Top    #8

As with most things, the addage that 'you get what you pay for' is true with swimming pools as well.
    Perhaps, the quality of the Lifetime pool will be equal to other better known brands, but only time will tell.

No matter which pool you choose though, proper water chemistry will be critical to the longeviety of the pool surface.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Divin Dave View Post
    As with most things, the addage that 'you get what you pay for' is true with swimming pools as well.
    Perhaps, the quality of the Lifetime pool will be equal to other better known brands, but only time will tell.

No matter which pool you choose though, proper water chemistry will be critical to the longeviety of the pool surface.
    For proper water chemistry I think I've found the right place! This website has been a heck of a resource for us in this process. I already know what to commend in my PB's proposals/estimates, and what to laugh at!

A test kit in accordance with this site will be the absolute first pool purchase we make after signing the contract!

ac

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by avc8130 View Post
    For proper water chemistry I think I've found the right place! This website has been a heck of a resource for us in this process. I already know what to commend in my PB's proposals/estimates, and what to laugh at!

A test kit in accordance with this site will be the absolute first pool purchase we make after signing the contract!

ac
    Did you end up buying a Lifetime Fiberglass Pool? I am looking at one but as you stated there is not much information on this company.

Mark

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by Mark1973 View Post
    Did you end up buying a Lifetime Fiberglass Pool? I am looking at one but as you stated there is not much information on this company.

Mark
    It's in and running, they are working on the patio around it currently.

ac
    20K gal, IG Fiberglass "Lifetime Pittsburgh", 1 1/2 HP TriStar pump, 525 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPlus T-15 SWG, Dolphin Oasis z5 Robot

12. Back To Top    #12

I am looking at a lifetime pool now and am curious if you are happy with your purchase. I saw a negative review on Facebook and since it's a newer company, I am wondering about how useful the warranty would be if the company doesn't last. Any and all advice would be appreciated. Thank you

13. Back To Top    #13

I am also looking at a life time pool. Hollywood Model with a tanning ledge. Any update from you on the quality of the pool. Are you happy with your purchase.