Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Lots of dirt

1. Back To Top    #1

Lots of dirt

I have been vacuuming my Coleman 16' x 48" power steel pool about twice a week. I have a large maple next to the pool and get leaves, bugs, twigs and some dirt but yesterday evening I noticed a great deal of dirt on the bottom which was unusual. This morning I was vacuuming it out and remembered that a neighbor just across the street from our yard had a new roof put on their garage yesterday. Now all that dirt showing up makes sense.
    Coleman 16' x 48" power steel pool.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Lots of dirt

Could be worse... remember that haboob that hit Phoenix a while back?

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

OMG Richard. I can't even fathom how disastrous this must have been for pools.

I'm getting a lot of gritty dust lately from heavy road construction a block away. I can shut the cover but even it is getting covered in fine grit.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    OMG Richard. I can't even fathom how disastrous this must have been for pools.

I'm getting a lot of gritty dust lately from heavy road construction a block away. I can shut the cover but even it is getting covered in fine grit.
    Advanced Search is our friend. Check out the pictures of the vacuum track
    Replacing the sand in my pool (AZ Haboob killed it)
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Wow. I've never heard of a Haboob before. Fascinating and horrible at the same time.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    Wow. I've never heard of a Haboob before. Fascinating and horrible at the same time.
    Nor had I. That's some bizarre and scarey stuff. Sand storms in Dubai, Morraco and Senegal, okay. But Phoenix?
    13,000 gal.Peanut shaped IG Plaster (med. gray) w/ 7' raised spa. ALL Pentair: Intelliflow 3hp VS, Cartridge filter, 400,000 btu heater, 2.0hp spa motor, Easy Touch control panel & is4 spa side switch, Intellichlor 40C SWG, Paramount PV3 In Floor cleaning system, spa spillway and two sheer descents. Solar: 10 FAFCO panels 1.5hp booster. Testt kits: K-2006 & K1766 (Chloride/Salt) Fill date August 15, 2114.