Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Reorganization of Pool School

1. Back To Top    #1

Reorganization of Pool School

I have just completed a small reorganization of Pool School. Several of the categories have been renamed and a couple of articles have been moved around. The new organization is intended to make it easier to find things and to make room for additional content (some of which should start showing up later this spring).
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Reorganization of Pool School

May I suggest a printer friendly version of the whole thing or of the major parts? I was trying to digest all the info, and finally ended up printing it all, one article at a time. Now, it is next to my recliner, things I need to know are highlighted, underlined, notes made, sketches, etc.
    It is my "pool manual".
    I do not suggest this lightly, as I am very much a digital person- we are in the process of digitizing all or our analog recordings, scanning papers, etc, and we do most things digitally. But the pool school was just so out of my range of experience, and I had to read it so many times to get the concepts, this was one situation where a printout was the way to go. I notice in reading posts that many people have trouble getting a handle on the pool school, so maybe this is something that would work for them.
    28 ft round Doughboy Sand Dollar II AGP, Aug 2008: 4 ft shallow, 6ft deep end: 24K gal approx Hayward Power-Flo Matrix
    1&1/2-HP 2-SPD Pump, Hayward 27-Inch Sand Filter with a little DE -(2) 4ftx20ft Solar Bear AGP Panels w/ Goldline auto-controller, 50ppm Borates And some day, maybe this year, a DECK!!!

3. Back To Top    #3

amjohn, that is an interesting idea. Sadly it isn't easy to do. There isn't any simple way to rearrange the various HTML pages into a single page, let alone a single .pdf file (which seems like the ideal format for printing). I will add it to my wish list of things to think about working on in the future.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

My printer driver software reformats web pages so they fit nicely on a standard page. Go to your printer companies website and see if they have something similar.
    11000 Gals, Intelliflo, Sta-Rite Cartridge, Polaris 360

Pool I built in my old house: my-new-pool-build-t4534.html

5. Back To Top    #5

It's been a while since I looked at the "Pool School" page. It looks really great! Makes me wonder how I ever absorbed all of that information.