Jandy Aquapure "Service" light on low speed

May 23, 2007
Michigan
Ever since I installed a two speed motor last year my Aquapure hasn't run consistently since. If I set the PDA to start low speed in the morning the motor starts on high for a while then switches to low as it should and the Aquapure service light comes on. If I set the high speed to run for about about ten minutes before engaging the low speed the Aquapure works fine all day. I would just use the two programs and leave everything as is but I also have a spill over spa and whenever anyone uses the spa and switches back to pool mode the service light comes on. If someone uses the SPA in the morning then the Aquapure won't work all day until the next cycle starts in the morning.

Is there a special way to calibrate the the new style three port sensor with the small board when you have a two speed pump ?

I have the older set-up with the Aquapure board hidden behind the Aqualink board.

I have the new three port sensor with the calibration board.
Aqualink PDA4 - Board has 2006 date and chip says Rev 1.2
Aqualink Board says Rev C

I tried pushing the calibration button while on low speed but the issue is still there. Just to be sure I went through the whole procedure for installing a new sensor with the Tri-Sensor Adapter board.

1. My Aquapure version is 11230A05 and I have a AKC13 front board.
2. The instructions say to install the jumper on the Tri-Sensor adapter board if you have a AKC13 front board.
3. The ACK13 front board requires a cable because of minimal clearance in the box so I installed it. When installing the cable I made sure the white wires line up going across the Tri-Sensor adapter board.
4. Started the pump on high and ran for 5 minutes
5. Aquapure display said "No Flow" and "Flow" light on tri-flow sensor was flashing.
6. Held reset button in on tri-flow sensor adapter board for 5 seconds but nothing changed. Waited ten minutes and still no change.
7. Removed jumper on tri flow sensor board and did whole procedure again.
8. I never got the "No Flow" message and aquapure appears to be running fine, except when programmed to start on low speed in the morning. If I have a program set to run high speed for 10 minutes 1st, then switch to low it works.

Notes: When I did the install procedure with or without the jumper on the flow light on the tri-flow sensor never changed when pressing the reset button. I have a Hayward Super Pump II wit ha two speed motor that runs at 1725 on low through 1.5" pipes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.