Beginning of algae bloom?

DJ13

Aug 21, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
In the past week my pool water has been consistently cloudy. Brushing the bottom shows a fine brownish layer but water chemistry all looks to be good as far as I can tell (see below). Overnight loss of FC is <1ppm, I am attempting my first SLAM, keeping FC up at 15, running the filter continually and brushing twice a day. Is there anything else I should be doing? Is this likely to be algae?

The water does not seem to have changed at all since starting 3 days ago, blue water but cloudy with some fine sediment at the bottom. I do live next to a fairly busy road so I thought at first it was just dirt being kicked up from the road accumulating since my cover has been off for a few weeks since it's been so hot.

pH - 7.4
TA - 90
CH - 110
FC - 4 (now at shock level of 15)
CC - 0
CYA - 30

Another question, is it safe to swim at shock levels of chlorine? My nephew is coming over during the day and my wife is wondering if it's still ok for him to swim? The pool is blue today but still not crystal clear, FC was at 14 this morning so lost very little overnight.

It is safe to swim if you are under shock level for you CYA and you can see the bottom of the pool. Sounds like you meet both of those criteria, so CANNONBALL!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.