Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ladder question...

1. Back To Top    #1

Ladder question...

I am just checking to see if anyone has experienced ladder issues such as them being too short. I am about a foot short inside and out. I have sand bags inside as a base now (pic shows boards) I will be adding a deck soon so not real worried about the outside. I do believe the ladder is extended all the way up..

Is there a rubber base available for support or do I need to buy a taller ladder?

Attachment 40798
    Aqua Leader 33' x 54" AG, 28+k, AquaTools 2HP 2SP pump, AquaTools 200lb Sand filter, Liquid Chlorine, TF-100
    Installed 8.1.15, rural water, direct sunlight 8hrs/day, Aquabot Breeze XLS

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ladder question...

Now there's a problem I've never seen before.
    Did you just buy that pool and ladder combo?
    I'd sure have it swapped out if you did!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

The ladder came with the pool, which was given to me. I may end up buying a taller one..
    Aqua Leader 33' x 54" AG, 28+k, AquaTools 2HP 2SP pump, AquaTools 200lb Sand filter, Liquid Chlorine, TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!! NE Oklahoma is beautiful in all 4 seasons.

Ladder had to been for 48" pool looks like you are at max on height your adjustment. I would not want to place wood 2 by`s in my pool possible liner could be damaged and algae breeder.
    24' Reprieve RD/AG/13K gal Vinyl TFP method
    Waterway Clearwater 175 sqft Cartridge
    Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP Pump 2-Speed
    TF-100 Test Kit SpeedStir Borate Insta Test
    Spreading TFP to All

5. Back To Top    #5

Beautiful it is. The 2by's were temp. I have sand bags supporting now. I'll figure something out, surely someone out there has dealt with this before...I hope!

BOOMER!!

6. Back To Top    #6

I think I will have a similar problem. For now I have the ladder inside and steps out side for my son who is handicapped. I want a deck and then put the steps inside. Now on my outside I am using railroad ties to boost up the steps so I know I need 9" of height if I put the steps in the pool. I was thinking of using the all plastic decking boards and stainless steel screws to fabricate a bottom step. There are plastic decking made of wood fibers and plastic and I think just plastic decking boards.
    Used pool 1995 Lomart 18'x48" just installed 7/16/2015, Hayward Power Flo Matrix 1 HP 2 speed pump, 16" Rx Clear Radiant sand filter ( used pea gravel and zeolite) foam wall, polystyrene bottom, liner 25 gauge overlap, TF-100 test kit. Son training for 2018 Paralympics, Hoping for solar heater of some sort. Good chance Labrador will be in pool. Colorado Prairie, 6000 ft elevation high mountain desert, clay soil

7. Back To Top    #7

So I bought a taller ladder and sold the other one. Also, bought the pad to protect the liner. Should be here by Wed. Deck build is underway!

8. Back To Top    #8

Oh my goodness be prepared for Casey and kimkats to request photos of your deck build.
    Spreading TFP to All

9. Back To Top    #9

Oh yeah I'll be posting them. It's gonna be sweet! Here's a teaser...
    Attachment 41240

10. Back To Top    #10

Good job so far! That liner is a pretty one! THANKS for the pic! More please!

It looks like you are going all the way around! NICE! Ours is 3/4 that way around. Maybe one day we will go all the way around but I don't think so. We have been here 13 yrs ..............LOL

So how did you get someone to GIVE you a pool that big? Did they also give you the equipment?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

11. Back To Top    #11

Father-in-Law gave it to me. I am pretty sure it's all there. Lol

12. Back To Top    #12

LOL now you and I both know he gave it to the kid! LOL

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

13. Back To Top    #13

Excellent start Bryan! I am looking forward to more updates. I enjoy working with wood nothing better than smelling cut lumber.

I built a privacy fence 5' by 45' in 2012 and small deck 6' by 30' in 2013. Are you using all new material for your build? I am not cheap just like re-purposing good used material.

Good story my fence pickets are Norwegian Spruce from Norway via Great Britain and majority of my framing material shipping pallets from a friend who had hauled it home never used it and was going burn it all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (87.1 KB, 74 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (84.4 KB, 74 views)
    Spreading TFP to All

14. Back To Top    #14

That is so neat that you were able to reuse the pallets and those fence parts having such a neat beginning!

Do I really see 4 levels on your fence? LOVE IT!

Kim

15. Back To Top    #15

Thanks Stump! All the materials are new. I too love wood working. Hey nothing wrong with repurping! I have about 20 pallets waiting to be disassembled so that they can be repurped. Your fence/deck combo is looking great. I'll post an updated pic or two tonight. Rain showers everyday do not help.

16. Back To Top    #16

17. Back To Top    #17

I should probably start a new thread for the pool and deck build to show the progress...should I put it under "Show off your pool..."

18. Back To Top    #18

Yes, please start new thread.
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.