Intex hard plumbing

Jul 12, 2015
Orlando, FL
I know there is a bunch of threads on this but all I've found are products that are no longer carried by Lowes or Home Depot or the manufacturers have altered their designs (conduits, box adapters etc.).

So, I currently have the smaller 1.25" hoses and want to upgrade to 1.5" (40mm) Intex hoses or 1.5" PVC. I just don't know what adapters to use? I want to use ball valves and a Hayward skimmer, along with my Intex pump and Intex SWG. I'd prefer to use flexible hoses instead of all rigid PVC to account for pool movement.

This is a great link I found but I can't find the box adapter at Lowes or HD:
PVC Plumbing Intex Pool Sand Filter | Above Ground Pool Advisor

Anybody with updated info?

I've been unable to find it and read they modified their design.

I keep going back and forth on how I want to do this. Now I'm thinking of using Hayward 1.5" returns and inlets, with 1.5" PVC 90deg elbows, then connecting the Intex hoses. How would I connect 40mm Intex hoses to PVC?

Thought so, thanks!

But then I won't be able to use my Intex vacuum, with a Hayward inlet..
Main thing I want is elbows so the hoses don't hang on the return and inlets, dragging them down at an angle. Also want to maintain flexibility for liner movement.

So if I use the 40mm Intex return and inlets, how would I attach PVC elbows and then back to Intex hoses? Lol this is confusing!

If you want to keep flexibility to your pump from hard PVC, you can use this adapt from Lowes item #188240 you will have to get some spare hoses and cut them in (2) sections then use this adapt. to connect to your PVC. I did this on my pump for flexibility and have never had a problem.

One more thing about these adapts. you will need a lot of Elbow Grease to put these adapts. on the Intex Hose because they are very tight. also use a stainless steel pipe clamp. PS forgot to mention you can cut the Intex Hoses to whatever length you need

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.