Spray Bars

Jul 28, 2015
B.A, OK
Here in Oklahoma, we have been having a pretty warm summer thus far. Since we took down the old 15' pool and put up an 18', we moved it away from the Maple tree we planted several years ago (it has no "competition, so it is already starting to spread). In doing so, we have moved the pool into full sun! Average daytime temp in the pool is around 95 degrees. Late evening it hovers around 98.

I am going to add a thru the wall skimmer and hard plumb all my lines. I have a Hayward 1hp pump. I had planned on using the existing return and make the existing intake my returns with the new setup. I also wanted to add a spray bar(s) to the new returns to try to get the temp down. Question: Will the 1hp pump have enough guts to power two returns and two spray bars (probably about 3ft total on each one)?? I also plan on adding ball valves to the spray bars to turn them off and on as needed. Each spray bar will be plumbed off the return line on it's side.

I have a home made spray bar, it cools my pool about 5-7 degrees.
I have valves no both the return and spray bar. I do run them boat at the same time.

10640-albums2451-picture80355.jpg

10640-albums2451-picture80356.jpg

John

I am in the process of piping my intex pool. I am going to add a spray bar. After pondering it for awhile, why not just use a sprinkler or two? Seems you would have plenty of options and control. Drilling holes in a pipe would be cheaper but just marginally.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.