Pool Ozinator

david23

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Memphis, TN
My 33,000 gal in-ground gunite pool has a Pro-Zone Z7 Ozinator. The first was installed with the pool. I replaced it about 6 years ago when the element burned out.

Game changer: TFP is discovered. I have been trouble-free since April of this year. Hallelujah. Now the ozinator has failed - so I can confidently say for me, a 6-year life.

The big question: Do I replace it, because it really makes my pool better, or do I abandon the failed unit in place because it has little or no redeeming value?

I cannot say whether the ozinator ever made any difference in my water quality. I have no idea. But a replacement is pricey. Please advise.

BTW, if it makes any difference, my pool is resplendent with borax. Numbers are good. Stable. 2 quarts of Clorox daily.

If you have an outdoor pool you really don't need to use an ozone generator. The sun is the best ozone generator there is! Try going without for the rest of the season and see if it makes a difference in your pool. I'm betting you won't miss it at all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.