Flow Switch

Jul 1, 2012
Houston, TX
I hope this hasn't been previously answered but I couldn't seem to locate anything. I plumbed in a Hayward flow switch the other day. It is a GLX-FLO. This morning while playing with my VS pump I noticed that when I turned the pump down to about 20% the flow switch indicated no flow. I can't find anything from Hayward that has the minimum amount of flow to trigger the switch. Is there a switch I can use that will work with extremely low flows? Note that I do NOT have a salt water generator. I simply have the flow switch hooked up as a precaution from burning out the pump should there be no flow for whatever reason.

That flow switch requires a decent amount of flow to actuate.

Dwyer Instruments sells a paddle switch that will adjust down to about 7 gpm in a 1½" pipe or 12 gpm in a 2" pipe. The FS-2

Alternately, you could glue a larger paddle to the GLX paddle and it should actuate at lower flow. I would not recommend that for use with a SWCG!!

Bama, thanks for the reference to Dwyer. Looks like they have a large selection and various flow rates to trigger them. Might be worth investigating.

Hmm... Gluing a larger paddle might be the cheaper and easier alternative. And no worries, I don't have a SWG! That's why I started this thread. All the others I found were people who did have a SWG and therefore low flow actuation of the switch would be a bad idea.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.