Purechlor or sollax clg125

robertmee

Jun 26, 2015
Raleigh
Our PB provided a Purechlor clg125 SWG. It's made by sollax and is the same as the clg125 with the exception of a clear housing to view the cell.

I'm running pump 12 hours a day and output of swg at 75% and I'm not keeping up. Swg is less than month old so doubt dirty cell. The specs say it's able to create 1.15 lbs of chlorine a day. Surely that's not equivalent to 18 Oz of bleach as that's only going to raise FC by .5. So how does a pound of generated chlorine convert to liquid bleach? Is one pound of pure chlorine 160oz of 10% bleach? If so then 1.15 lbs should be able to add 6 ppm of FC a day.

Welcome to TFP.

How does your water look? If you can't keep up with chlorine, my first thought would be organics and low CYA with the sun burning off the majority of your FC daily. And there is only one way to know for sure and that is by posting a full set of test results. If you can do that, it would help and don't forget to tell us how your water looks. Thanks. Others will be chiming in shortly too.

My info has been throughout the just getting started forum. I've completed slam twice due to mudslides. My water is crystal clear and has been for weeks.

FC 6
CC 0
TA 90
PH 7.5
Cya 60

FC has never dropped lower than 4.5. I'm trying to maintain 7 but when it dropped to 4.5 I got nervous and added bleach to get it back to 7.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.