Standard (non solar) Pool Cover and Sunlight

Jul 28, 2015
Plainfield NH
Hi,

I'm new here.. I only bought my first pool last week. I'm currently learning so much here.

Here's a simple question...

I bought an Intex metal frame above ground pool 18x48. I will get a solar cover but for now I only have the cover my pool came with. I live in NH where the winter could start any day now and the pool is around 65 degrees currently.

So,... I don't have a solar cover yet... When the sun hits the pool am I better off with the cover on or off? With the cover off it will get the sun and with it on evaporation is reduced...I don't know which is better for now.

Thanks,

Brian

Edit - Temp or humidity measurements could be a factor so I'm just saying it's currently 67 degrees out and today will be 84 later. My humidity gauge says 84%. I know the answer is likely just buy the solar cover but I think if I spend another $50 this week on the pool my wife will surely throw something heavy at me. :)

Sounds great thank you.

When I buy a solar cover should I skip the Intex version and get a thicker model online?... Or do the thicker ones only cost more and still fall apart during one season?

Thanks Again... I'm really enjoying learning and moreso having my own Pool !

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.