Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AquaRite vs. AquaPure vs. AutoPilot

1. Back To Top    #1

Gloucester County, NJ

AquaRite vs. AquaPure vs. AutoPilot

I'm thinking about installing a SWCG this season, and am trying to determine which one to go with. Is there any real difference in the performance and reliability of these 3 SQCGs? Does anybody know whether the AquaRite or AutoPilot can integrate with a Jandy AquaLink automation system?
    28,000 gallon gunite/white plaster with 30ft RBB and 2ft sheer descent, 100 sq ft thermaledge, 50sq ft spa w/ 6 jets
    2HP Jandy pump, 60sq ft Jandy DE filter, 400,000 BTU Jandy LX Nat Gas Heater, 2 Jandy color lights + Jandy color spa light, Jandy Aqualink RS6, Jandy AquaPure 1400

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: AquaRite vs. AquaPure vs. AutoPilot

I like AutoPilot. They have some extra features the others don't have, like temperature compensation on the percentage control and a nice alphanumeric display on the Digital model. On the other hand they tend to cost a little more. The AutoPilot can connect to a Jandy AquaLink. I recommend that you don't connect them because the Jandy connection disables the automatic temperature compensation.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Savannah Historic District

Ditto to Jason. The AutoPilot tends to be a bit more user-friendly, too. If, however, you want full compatability, the slightly more expensive AquaPure MAY work with your existing Aqualink RS. It depends on the Rev of the PPD (the chip in the board). If you have firmware Rev JJ or newer, you will have full compatability. If not, I'm with the AutoPilot.

"Leave the gun...take the cannolis"

4. Back To Top    #4

Ft Lauderdale, Florida

x3 on the AutoPilot.
    Sean Assam -
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators