Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: intellichlor ic40 blowing fuses

1. Back To Top    #1

intellichlor ic40 blowing fuses

My ic40 keeps blowing fuses I cleaned the buildup off the plates still blows fuses. If I unhook the generator the fuse don't blow. It only blows after about 15 minutes after power on.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: intellichlor ic40 blowing fuses

I had same issue before. How old is your cell? Mine is pretty old. So I bought a new cell and now it works perfectly.
    2003 Build 20K gallon salt water gunite IG pool, Taylor 2006 test kit, Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump, Pentair IntelliChlor IC40 SWG, Aquabot ABTTJET Turbo T Jet Robot

3. Back To Top    #3

3 years but only used 3 months out of the year

4. Back To Top    #4

Once I accidentally poured some copper based algaecide and I think it might contribute to the fuse blowing. I turned off the old cell for one or two months, and there were heavy rains diluted the water, at mean time I used the bleach for a while, then I bought the new cell and it works now. Metal is killer of the cell.
    2003 Build 20K gallon salt water gunite IG pool, Taylor 2006 test kit, Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump, Pentair IntelliChlor IC40 SWG, Aquabot ABTTJET Turbo T Jet Robot

5. Back To Top    #5

Local pool supply said 5amp fuse is what it takes, wrong I got the old one out of the melted fuse holder it is an 8amp slow blow fuse. Pentair sells 10amp slow blow fuses so I bought one at the hardware store and it seems to be working. I'll keep ya posted.

6. Back To Top    #6

The 10A250V slow blow fuse is not easy to get. I bought it from Amazon . But still the seller sent me wrong type of fuse, and later on they sent me right one. Which hardware store did you buy from?

7. Back To Top    #7

True Value Hardware