Dark small stains

Labrat

Jul 27, 2015
Stoughton, MA
Hello, I've been reading posts on this forum and found it very useful and educational. Finally decided to join.
I have inground, 30000 gallon pool, vinyl, cartridge filter.
Initially had problem with metal stains. Solved this with ascorbic acid treatment followed by Natural Chemistry Metal Free. Worked great but stains returned couple weeks later. I'm on my secound acid treatment plus now has coolator 4ppm in the pump basket.
With all of the above said, there are still a few of dark elongated stains at the shallow end that won't dissapear. Almost look like the liner is "burnt" there, like a permanent stain. Any ideas?
Thanks a bunch

Hello and welcome to TFP! You're the 2nd person to ask the same question, and rather than have you feel like we missed your post (we didn't :)), I thought I would cut & paste some of my stain favorites. Some you have tried, maybe something else will work, or others will reply. Good luck!
- Try using an orange, lemon, or lime rub an area with the cut half
- Some people have had success with Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser
- Some stains can be removed with a chlorine tablet
- Jacks Magic Blue Stuff or other metal sequestrant
- Ascorbic Acid

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.