Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newbie pool owner, help!

1. Back To Top    #1

Newbie pool owner, help!

My husband and I recently bought a home that has an above ground pool. Neither of us have had a pool before. We had to clean our DE filter for the first time today. We were almost done.. We were putting the DE mixture through the skimmer and the pump just turned off. It won't turn back on. Any ideas on where to go from here??

2. Back To Top    #2

Houston, TX

Re: Newbie pool owner, help!

Is the pump on a timer?

Did you trip the breaker?

Can you post pictures?

AquaMaster Deluxe 8000 AGP, 5500 gallons, 12x18. Liquidator and Pool Rover JR.
    1st Pool so go easy on me I'm using a TF 100.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Newbie pool owner, help!

Welcome to TFP! Congrats on the new pool!

Tell us what you know about your pool. Here is what we are looking for, Pool School - Getting Started

Here is some help identifying your equipment, Pool School - Visual Encyclopedia of Pool Equipment

Your pump is probably turned on and off with a timer, there is a picture in the link above.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach