Dry Acid (pH Minus) bad for my pool?

daleyfolk

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 2, 2014
Boise,Idaho
My pH rises from 7.5 up to almost 7.8 every two days. I have been adding two cups of ph Minus every other day for the last month.

2 questions:

1) I thought this dry acid was as safe for my vinyl pool as muriatic acid is. (As per pool school--recommended chemicals). Then I read on another thread that dry acid adds sulfates to my pool. Danger? I don't have a SWG.

2) my TA has gone from 140 to 110 in the last month since adding the acid. That's good, right? (But the pH still rises.) Also..no aeration going on.

My pH rises from 7.5 up to almost 7.8 every two days. I have been adding two cups of ph Minus every other day for the last month.

2 questions:

1) I thought this dry acid was as safe for my vinyl pool as muriatic acid is. (As per pool school--recommended chemicals). Then I read on another thread that dry acid adds sulfates to my pool. Danger? I don't have a SWG.

2) my TA has gone from 140 to 110 in the last month since adding the acid. That's good, right? (But the pH still rises.) Also..no aeration going on.

1. For a vinyl pool with no SWG, it's ok to use dry acid BUT you are adding sulfates. If your pool is a seasonal type where you're draining a good deal of water at winterization and/or diluting with winter rains, then the sulfates from using dry acid are manageable.

2. Your TA will drop with the use of acid. Your pH rise is directly tied to your high TA. Once you get your TA down near the lower limit, you should start to see a greater time period between acid additions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.