Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need a safety fence installed around my diving board

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Need a safety fence installed around my diving board

Hi,

My wife is opening a day care in our home ( San Jose, California ) and we have a pool with a diving board (old style). It seems very difficult to have a fence installed with the diving board in place.

I was hoping to just have a safety net installed but I guess this is not approved.

Any idea or suggestions (besides removing the diving board)?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    25k gallon kidney shaped pool
    1 hp pump
    cartridge filter (4 cartridges)
    jandy deck jets

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need a safety fence installed around my diving board

Remove it...no need to tempt fate.
    16 x 32 17500 gallons
    Vinyl in-ground
    Hayward 250# Sand Filter
    1 HP Pump
    Hayward SWG

3. Back To Top    #3

Perhaps an autocover would be better? They can be added to existing pools and would close off the entire pool when the day care is open. A bit of an investment, perhaps some would be tax deductible to the Day Care?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

4. Back To Top    #4

Unless I am missing something you need to fence it in such a way none of the kids can get anywhere near the pool. That should be easy to do.

If the problem is the flowerbed wall you can cut the fencing up and around it to the wood fence.

I think you need to talk to the people who will be licensing the daycare and see what they say.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    Unless I am missing something you need to fence it in such a way none of the kids can get anywhere near the pool. That should be easy to do.

If the problem is the flowerbed wall you can cut the fencing up and around it to the wood fence.

I think you need to talk to the people who will be licensing the daycare and see what they say.

Kim
    I completely agree with this.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process