Liner issues?

Jul 27, 2015
Green Country, OK
Hello All,

Started putting an overlap liner in this weekend. See pic. I have about 1.5 feet of water in it, the liner is starting to show a few twists. Should I cut the water and drain the pool and adjust the bottom more or keep it in place and let the water do it's work or what... the pool is 33' x 54".

View attachment 40707

Thanks in advance for any help.

Excited New Pool Owner.

I would keep those rails off til it fills more. That way you can pull the wrinkles as you fill the liner.

I recently replaced my liner on a similar size pool. Advice above is good. Spend some time watching a few you tube videos as well. You will pick up some little tricks here and there.

Once you re-position and start filling again it is during that first few inches that you can push out the wrinkles on the bottom, towards the walls. I varied from being down on my hands and knees to using a wide push broom.

Here is my thread:

Help Paul install his new liner

Also, start with the vertical seam down the wall n make sure it's straight. You can use it as a guide n starting point.

- - - Updated - - -

The vertical seam in the liner, not the pool,. wall. My phone is messing up. Sorry!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.