Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: mesda massage bathtub

1. Back To Top    #1

mesda massage bathtub

got a mesda massage bathtub. it is not working.. i press the switch on the wall(to give bathtub power). then i hear the motor humming for 1sec then it turns off. i have pushed the bathtub from the wall so i can see the motor spinning for that brief second. another thing to note is that the controlpanel is not working.. it does not switch on.(used to switch on when i flicked the switch on the wall.) any help is apprechiated. i have tried opening the electric box from the tub(and every capacitor there is fine.(theyre all small). this electric box is where the +230v goes in. please give me advice. i really wanna fix my tub. it got broken when my parents were on vacation, and i have to buy a new one if im unable to fix this one

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: mesda massage bathtub

with controllpanel, i mean the little screen with buttons to regulate heat and such.

3. Back To Top    #3

bump please help.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Please have some patience, Most of us here are your typical pool enthusiasts who will help if we know the answer. Very few of us on here are what you would call a professional and none of us are paid to be here.

A humming motor then stop indicates a bad motor start capacitor usually. I have to be honest, I have never heard of a Mesda Spa, if it is truly a spa. Is there a service provider for these units in your area? If not, and you are handy with a Volt/Ohm meter then the motor and associated electrical can be checked out to ensure it is all working properly. If not, I would suggest calling an electrician to do the work. 240 volts is nothing to mess with if you are unsure of what you are doing
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry, but this may be a very tough question for most of us to answer. Good luck in finding your solution.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by danpik View Post
    Please have some patience, Most of us here are your typical pool enthusiasts who will help if we know the answer. Very few of us on here are what you would call a professional and none of us are paid to be here.

A humming motor then stop indicates a bad motor start capacitor usually. I have to be honest, I have never heard of a Mesda Spa, if it is truly a spa. Is there a service provider for these units in your area? If not, and you are handy with a Volt/Ohm meter then the motor and associated electrical can be checked out to ensure it is all working properly. If not, I would suggest calling an electrician to do the work. 240 volts is nothing to mess with if you are unsure of what you are doing
    i have opened the motor, capacitor looks nice. it also is easy to spin with hand, so no corrosion.. this is why i find this be such a stupid problem. and the vendor have gone bankrupt 2weeks ago.

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

capacitors can look fine and still not work properly. Since they are cheap $10-$15 I would take the old one out of the motor, (take pictures of how it is hooked up) go to an electrical supply store and get a new one and try it.
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by danpik View Post
    capacitors can look fine and still not work properly. Since they are cheap $10-$15 I would take the old one out of the motor, (take pictures of how it is hooked up) go to an electrical supply store and get a new one and try it.
    is there a safe way to remove the capacitor? do i need to "discharge" it? or can i use a multimeter and test it? its a 4.7uf 450volt i believe(not sure). thanks for help danpik

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by xledruidx View Post
    is there a safe way to remove the capacitor? do i need to "discharge" it? or can i use a multimeter and test it? its a 4.7uf 450volt i believe(not sure). thanks for help danpik

Yes, to discharge it, hook a jumper wire between the two terminals momentarily. A screwdriver that will touch both terminals works fine.

10. Back To Top    #10

wont this make the capacitor go boom?

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

No, this discharges them. To make them go boom, you have to over volt them. Really kind of cool when you do that