Just got an intex 633T (2500 GPG) pump for my metal frame 10' intex pool - Help!

g25

Jul 21, 2015
burleson, tx
I have the 10' Metal frame intex pool (maybe 1100 gallons) So the original pump was garbage. I also purchased the intex floating skimmer thing and FINALLY got it to work level by buying a 5lb weight and tieing it to the skimmer (Works pretty good and a cheap quick fix). Anyway, I wanted a better pump so I got the intex 1500gph. Bought the aftermarket adapters that screw into the pump. The pump made noise and the adapters leaked so I decided to return. Well turns out Amazon had the 2500 for just $5 more than the 1500, so I ordered it.

I just called intex and the lady was SOOOO rude and kept rushing me and not wanting to answer questions. In any case she said I needed the adapter Bs and the two plunger valves, so I ordered them as they weren't too expensive.

When I told her what pool I had she insisted that the pump would burnout because the pool did not have enough gallons? It seems that as long as the pump is fed with water and can pump it back out what difference does it make? She was very rude and hopefully she sent me the correct parts.

That's a lot of pump for that size pool, but I agree with you that it won't hurt anything. And you've already got a nice pump should you decide to get a bigger pool next year.

whirlpool!! just make sure your lines are large enough to handle the flow, if the line leading into the pump is too small and cant handle the flow rate of the pump, you could start cavitating and damage the pump. just check the size of the line that ties into the pump. if its 1", 1.5", 2", etc...just make sure that same size pipe is used to plumb it to the pool. don't reduce the size of the line to match your pool, change the fittings of the pool to match the pump.

Well, the Adapter B will attach to the existing 1.25 inch inlet and outlet on the POOL, but the adapter allows the use of the 1.5inch hose to and from the pump. Hopefully that will be fine? So it will be pool with 1.25in hole with adapter---> 1.5inch tubing to pump (pump came with the 1.5 inch tubing). The pump flow rate is 2500gph or about 40 gpm but the system flow rate is 1900 gph or 31 gpm.

wont know till you try it I guess. if you are getting cavitation you should be able to hear it. the other option to fix this would be to install a valve on the return line and partially close it a little bit to add some head pressure against the pump which could fix it. set it up and run it but keep a close eye/ear on the pump. you will probably be ok though

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.