Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool coping paint worn off

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool coping paint worn off

I need to paint the pool coping,the paint that was their wore off in the last 25 years. It is a Champion Pool 16x32 inground. I have a Krause & Becker paint spray system I'm going to use,but not sure on what type of paint to buy? Also, the best way to spray the paint without getting into pool water? (lower water level and mask off ?)Any help I can get will be well received!

16x32 inground pool,18,500 gal.Vinyl Liner, Hayward Sand Filter,& 1,1/2 hp,Hayward Super Pump & Auto Clorinator Pumping System

2. Back To Top    #2
    North Canton, Ohio

Re: Pool coping paint worn off

I ended up replacing my aluminum coping instead of painting it… but I was going to use a Rust-Oleum Marine coatings Topside Paint.
    20K gal; vinyl in-ground; 1.5HP Hayward pump; Hayward Sand Filter; Well water; K-2006.

3. Back To Top    #3
    DFW, Texas

Welcome to TFP!

As for how to avoid getting paint in the water, you could put a tarp over the water or have a helper guide a section of cardboard over the water and against the pool edge in the area you are painting. You won't be able to keep the paint 100% out of the water, but these suggestions will help minimize it.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW PA

Welcome to TFP. I agree with Bo.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Easton, ma

Has anyone tried the marine topside paint? Hope it works, don't want to replace coping.

6. Back To Top    #6
    SW Louisiana

Let us know how it turns out, I am thinking of repainting / replacing mine next time the liner is changed which will probably be in the next year as the current one was installed around 12 years ago.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~