Finally a visitor other than frogs, skinks, and anoles!

Yeah, it was. I keep watching for it but haven't seen it again. Hopefully it's still somewhere in my yard. I don't want it in my enclosure, but I'll take a docile, harmless, rodent eating machine over the moles messing with my lawn. While we haven't seen it, the mole activity has dropped considerably so it's likely still around somewhere.

Went to a home owners association meeting last night though and it was mentioned that over the last month there has been an unusual increase in sightings of rattle snakes and copper heads though and I don't want those!!! Out of the corner of my eye when initially seeing the rat snake my mind yelled "Copper" and I jumped, lol.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That is a pretty Corn snake aka red rat snake. Wonderful to have around.

Copper heads are a lighter color with bigger "diamonds" on their back. They are also very pretty but..........need to leave before I see them.

Kim

LOL I know.............I am the one that the neighbors call to ID the snakes around here.

I will tell you that I do "jump" if one startles me. I was weed eating the pond as well as trimming the larger brush. I had just cut a small tree when what should appear but a lunging snake! He was NOT a happy snake that I had found his hidey hole and was going to get rid of me! I shirked, jumped, turned and RAN! LOL

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.