salt water tcell 15 reading 0 - doesnt want to recalibrate.

sandie

Jul 27, 2015
Gatineau, QC Canada
Hi,

Bought house last fall with this huge pool. Found the salt water cell in basement and had it reinstalled. It initially had a salt setting of 3100ppm but when I had water tested my salt levels were low along with low this high that. I added all recommended salt, ph stuff, acid etc. Finally after several weeks according to the pool store my salt is at 3200, and everything else is balanced. But now the aqua rite box is reading 0. I tried recalibrating but it doesn't seem to work. I tried flipping the switch as instructed by Hayward site but I don't get those clicks. As a side note I had the pool rewired from 220v to 110v so I made the switch on the pool pump. Did I have to do anything to the controller also.
It seemed like the cell/controller was working fine, but I know nothing about pools and very frustrated. Is it a faulty t cell or controller. I don't know how old any of the equipment is. I am pool equipment ignorant and only try to follow instructions given. Thank you.

Welcome to TFP.

I'm not sure if you switching from a 220 to a 110 had anything to do with it or not. What I do know is that we don't go off of high this and low that. We are solely based off of numbers. You can get those numbers by investing in an adequate pool kit like the TF100. You can check my signature link below.

As far as the Cell, I will let someone more knowledgeable answer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.