Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward H400 Keypad broken

1. Back To Top    #1

United States,Las Vegas,NV

Hayward H400 Keypad broken

My heater Hayward H400 is stuck in spa mode, buttons do not respond any more, so I'm assuming that keypad bezel is possibly broken.
    I looked online and this keypad bezels are quite expensive, between 200-300 dollars.
    1. Are they difficult to replace ,
    2. And If i decide not to use heater at all, what will happen if I completely disable power to the heater, and just let the water pass through, since in past two years I haven't used heater at all.
    3. What is the easiest way to completely shut off heater, maybe disconnect it at the fuse box ?

I'm looking for anyone help if someone knows something about this few problems.
    8.5K gal,spill-over spa IG Plaster, Hayward C2030 225sqft, pump hayward super pump II 2.5 HP 2speed SP3020, manual fill, built 1985, pool size 13' x 28', depth 3'x5', 1 x skimmer, 2 x main drain

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Hayward H400 Keypad broken

Not hard to replace and can be done by a homeowner.

No harm in shutting off the heater and gas and just letting the water flow thru it. Yes if it has it's own breaker you can shut that off.

A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you.