About to get a Sport Pool. Will my daughter hate me? Am I just Cheap?

Then why did you do it. Your post specifically was crafted to hijack the thread. Start your own thread. Let the OP get their answer here, and you get your help in your own thread. Why would you think that this is OK behavior?

Didn't mean to high jack. In fact from the other responses, many people were sharing there experiences and suggestions. Thought I would share what my experience is and thoughts and decisions were.

Not sure why such an aggressive response. I usually find most people here very friendly and willing to share ideas and suggestions from ones own experience. Never had such a negative hostile response. Sorry...let's get back to original post asking for ideas and thoughts on pool depths.

do you ever want to be in the pool without being able to touch the bottom? If you aren't diving, I think it's kinda pointless to have a section you can't stand on. Maybe clayswen can elaborate what kind of activities are better with that extra 1 foot depth, because that's not safe enough for diving.

I go into the deep end and float using a pool noodle under my arms. I can exercise my legs well there. All the kids, especially the small one wearing those strange floatie arm or vest things like to join me there. They're certainly not staying in the shallow end because of their size.
I like to swim deep down and across the pool. When the pool is too shallow I end up scraping my hands along the bottom-ouch.

There is more to do with a deep end, IMO, than there is in a limited shallow pool. If you have a deep end you can always go into the shallow part...but if you don't have a deeper end you just have more of the same. No variety. Warmer water. Ugh. IMO, of course

Once you get your pool, you wont even think about regrets. You will just enjoy it. Since you are a parent with a daughter. Lets say you were hoping for a boy. Once you got a girl, did you regret having a daughter and not a son? There is no wrong answer with the pool, just fun.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
all the neighborhood kids will want to come to your pool because it will be the clearest and sparkliest in the neighborhood.

Right on.

- - - Updated - - -

So what did you decide?

Haven't decided. I have two more folks coming after the "cheaper" place has charged extras (pump truck, liner, dig 6" deeper, spread dirt out) to now price themselves out. I complained, said NO other company was charging for those items...they claimed they were the best. I can see where I might be taken. But they've been around for a long time. I nearly signed but kept pushing for a true install quote and to look at my house. They DON'T look at houses until you sign. Said they are too busy to pull their project manager for every person thinking of installing a pool.

Yet they have been in business for 50 years.

Right on.

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't decided. I have two more folks coming after the "cheaper" place has charged extras (pump truck, liner, dig 6" deeper, spread dirt out) to now price themselves out. I complained, said NO other company was charging for those items...they claimed they were the best. I can see where I might be taken. But they've been around for a long time. I nearly signed but kept pushing for a true install quote and to look at my house. They DON'T look at houses until you sign. Said they are too busy to pull their project manager for every person thinking of installing a pool.

Yet they have been in business for 50 years.

Wow that seems *** backwards. You aren't getting a true bid if they done see your house

Wxguy, if someone said that to me, I would be inclined to offer to pay him to do an onsite evaluation, and deduct the amount from the estimate if you select their company.

The fact that they're busy could mean they're good enough to get away with it...or that they're just understaffed ;) But I do understand their desire to test your seriousness...

It's a lot easier telling a bunch of kids "no diving, period," than to keep telling them exactly where they need to dive. I wouldn't want the liability of a deep end with lots of kids around. Our kids (now grown) always liked sports pools the best. They went to other pools on vacation, to clubhouses and to parties at elaborate municipal pools where there were plenty of deep ends and diving boards .... and lifeguards on duty. Your daughter will NOT hate you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.