Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Deep end wall dents

1. Back To Top    #1

Deep end wall dents

Just noticed this week my inground pool deep end is getting craters like the ground is washing away behind it . I have no water loss dont see or feel any leaks when I checked it the out.
    Starting to worry as I am going away in a couple of weeks and do not want to come home and find my pool destroyed
    My pool is 9 years old dont know what to do
    Vinyl pool 37,000 gallons 2hp hayward , sand filter, true L 18-41-16-28 - 9 foot deep end .. Solar panels with goldline automation ..3/4 hp polaris 380 ..BBB method

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Deep end wall dents

Can you post some pics?

3. Back To Top    #3

Is it the wall or the bottom? or is it the sloped sides?

How high is your water table?

If you don't know call your local government and find out -- City or County engineer -- it may take a few phone calls. If your water table is close to the ground -- you may need some wells with sump pumps to keep water from destroying your walls.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

4. Back To Top    #4

Water table is about 6 ft and it is the sloped part they used vermickulite and trauded it on . I will try to get some pics
    Vinyl pool 37,000 gallons 2hp hayward , sand filter, true L 18-41-16-28 - 9 foot deep end .. Solar panels with goldline automation ..3/4 hp polaris 380 ..BBB method

5. Back To Top    #5

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

6. Back To Top    #6

They are hard to make out in the picture but I have some in my pool that have been there since I moved in 2 years ago. The pool was built close to 20 years ago and they've just always been there. They're very hard to get a good picture of if they're anything like mine. One is about 1 foot in diameter, kind of oval shaped, maybe 2-3" deep in the center. Another one is more like 2 feet in diameter and close to 6 inches in depth in the center. For me, they're problem areas for dirt to collect in the bottom between brushings/cleanings but they have not gotten worse that I can tell so far.

Have they always been there and now your just can see them because your water is so clear or are you sure they are new?
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

7. Back To Top    #7

They started all this week I wish I could get a better pic they are pretty big depressions in the wall

8. Back To Top    #8

What does it feel like when you touch it?

9. Back To Top    #9

One feels soft in the middle and one is hard