Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: LAARS LX heater - how to open open the front panel (door)

1. Back To Top    #1

LAARS LX heater - how to open open the front panel (door)

Guys,

Bough a pool home 6 months ago, tried starting LAARS LX400 heater for the 1st time today and have gotten Service High Limit error code. The heater has not been started for at least a few years and looks like it needs cleaning and TLC. I have downloaded service and operation manuals, and I am trying to open the front panel (door). It has two knobs. I have tried turning the knobs, moving the knobs up / down / left / right with not much motion in the knobs. I do not want to break anything and the front door does not want to come off. Any advice to removing the front panel? Do I turn the knobs to shift them? It is possible for locking mechanism to be rusted?

What service may this heater need? I have read this is not the most reliable heater, but I wan to give it a try reviving it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: LAARS LX heater - how to open open the front panel (door)

Just a simple turn of the knob is all it takes. Maybe while turning you also pry on the doors top a little bit. Maybe it's stuck.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Turn left (counter clockwise), correct? Been trying that, with a big screw driver as well, and nothing gives.

Quote Originally Posted by ps0303 View Post
    Just a simple turn of the knob is all it takes. Maybe while turning you also pry on the doors top a little bit. Maybe it's stuck.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

So you are using a screw driver inserted into the knobs to turn them while gently prying on the door forward?
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by ps0303 View Post
    So you are using a screw driver inserted into the knobs to turn them while gently prying on the door forward?
    Tried that - the screws are just mineral deposit shut. Was able to pry the door open and remove the latching mechanism. Even after few days of sitting in wd-40 nothing gives. So many spider webs inside. I hope I can revive the unit.