Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How wide are spa beams supposed to be?

1. Back To Top    #1

How wide are spa beams supposed to be?

I am designing my new pool. I have a 6'x6' square spa that has infinity edge spillover all the way around. Originally, the beams I believed were 18" wide. However, based on my pool design and wanting the spa to line up with my sundeck with bubblers, the spa was too wide so my PB reduced the spa beams to 12" so it all aligns.

My question now is, what is the standard spa beam size? If it is 18", how will 12" look and will it be safe? I rather not sacrifice the integrity and look of the spa just to align with the sundeck.

I can always try other changes to over design to align rather than shrinking spa beam wall.

Thoughts?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How wide are spa beams supposed to be?

My reversed infinity edge is 12". Your perfectly fine with 12". Plenty of pics on my build thread.
    2015 Pool Build --> HERE IG 19'x47' w/ 7'x7' in pool spa; 3'6"-8' deep.
    Pentair 520 Filter, IntelliFlow VS XF Pump, IntelliChlor IC60 SWG, IntelliBrite/GloBrite LEDs, IntelliTouch w/Screenlogic2. 400K BTU heater. A&A G4V in-floor cleaning system. WetEdge Prism Matrix Pebble finish. TechoBloc Pavers and Coping.
    Test kits - Taylor K-2006 FAS/DPD, K-1766 Salt, SpeedStir

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by spool View Post
    My reversed infinity edge is 12". Your perfectly fine with 12". Plenty of pics on my build thread.
    Thanks Spool! Love your pool design. Nice and clean lines. Totally my style. From your pool pics you are right, 12" seems perfect. Did you contemplate 18" was it 12" from the start?

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks, we also wanted clean lines.

Never even considered 18". Was always 12 from start.

I'd definitely go with the 12" so things line up.
    2015 Pool Build --> HERE IG 19'x47' w/ 7'x7' in pool spa; 3'6"-8' deep.
    Pentair 520 Filter, IntelliFlow VS XF Pump, IntelliChlor IC60 SWG, IntelliBrite/GloBrite LEDs, IntelliTouch w/Screenlogic2. 400K BTU heater. A&A G4V in-floor cleaning system. WetEdge Prism Matrix Pebble finish. TechoBloc Pavers and Coping.
    Test kits - Taylor K-2006 FAS/DPD, K-1766 Salt, SpeedStir