K-2006 numbers and questions

Jul 25, 2015
Mantua, NJ
Hi all, I can't get the calculator to work on my phone so if you could advise, I'd appreciate it! I'm a total newbie with a 15x48 Intex metal frame currently running 1000gph cartridge pump. My 2500gph arrived today but much to my surprise did not come with all the parts needed to install, so I had to order these parts (spending more on them than I spent on the pump!!!) and they won't be here for a few days. So I'm stuck with the crappy pump for now. I had a green pool for a few days and have been adding a gallon of bleach a day to tide me over until I got my testing kit today. I have the Kem-Tek granules coming Tuesday. I know I need to raise my CYA but what should I be doing in the meantime until the Kem-Tek arrives?

CYA 0
FC 3
CC 0.5
TA 110
pH 7.4

Thanks!

Good job getting the test kit. Please which kit you got to your siggy so everyone knows you have it.

Your numbers look okay. TA a little high but can be fixed easy enough once your water is clear.

The pump/filter will not clear your pool. You need to SLAM. Here is the link.

Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

Here is the CYA/FC chart to show your FC goals to get that greeen GONE!

Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

I hope this helps. Let us know how it is going.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.