Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward pump and filter for 18x33 pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward pump and filter for 18x33 pool

Thinking of going with the Hayward 1.5 HP 2 speed Power-Flo Matrix pump (SP15932S) for my new pool. Any positive or negative feedback on this pump or the size of this pump for an 18x33 pool?

Also can I pair it with a Hayward Pro Series 24 inch In Ground pool sand filter? The reason I ask is because it says in ground in the title of this filter?
    18x33x54 AGP (18,500 gallons) - Hayward Power Flo 2 Speed Pump - Hayward 24" Sand Filter - TF100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW PA

Re: Hayward pump and filter for 18x33 pool

The pump is a great pump. As far a filters go, you want to get the biggest filter you can afford. The bigger the better as it will cut down on maintenance and cleaning.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Orlando, FL

Re: Hayward pump and filter for 18x33 pool

I think the pump will work but maybe you can find a Hayward sand filter for above ground pools.Pro-Seriesā„¢ Top Mount Systems | Hayward Residential and Commercial Pool Products
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).