ground water?

Jul 26, 2015
youngstown, Ohio
Hi, I have a "resurrected" pool that never leaked when we first revived it. But, after two years it was leaking bad! (3 inches a day). I drained it, caulked and sealed around the wall to the floor and painted it. I am trying to stop the ground water from seeping into the pool while it cures. I do not have a floor drain, so there is no release valve. It does have little hairline fractures that are seeping water very slowly. I sealed them today and water is mysteriously ending up in the bottom of the pool?

I have attached my progress.... the last one is from today.

Attachments

• pool1.jpg
    pool1.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 107
  • pool2.jpg
    pool2.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 105
  • WP_20150726_003.jpg
    WP_20150726_003.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 105
I had the same situation. I just finished painting mine with epoxy. What I did. The drain...should have a hydrostatic valve. You need to unscrew this valve...go to home depot, get a PVC thread like the one you just took out, and with PVC glue, glue that to a 6 foot piece of pipe, screw that back into the opening...now the water has somewhere to go, functions like it is supposed to...and stays off the paint.
View attachment 40770

I had the same situation. I just finished painting mine with epoxy. What I did. The drain...should have a hydrostatic valve. You need to unscrew this valve...go to home depot, get a PVC thread like the one you just took out, and with PVC glue, glue that to a 6 foot piece of pipe, screw that back into the opening...now the water has somewhere to go, functions like it is supposed to...and stays off the paint.
View attachment 40770

thank you so much!! I think I have it figured out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.