Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ground water?

1. Back To Top    #1

ground water?

Hi, I have a "resurrected" pool that never leaked when we first revived it. But, after two years it was leaking bad! (3 inches a day). I drained it, caulked and sealed around the wall to the floor and painted it. I am trying to stop the ground water from seeping into the pool while it cures. I do not have a floor drain, so there is no release valve. It does have little hairline fractures that are seeping water very slowly. I sealed them today and water is mysteriously ending up in the bottom of the pool?

I have attached my progress.... the last one is from today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: ground water?

Welcome to the forum!

That's a really tough situation, and I'm not sure what to advise in getting the in-leakage stopped I'm sorry to say.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

I had the same situation. I just finished painting mine with epoxy. What I did. The drain...should have a hydrostatic valve. You need to unscrew this valve...go to home depot, get a PVC thread like the one you just took out, and with PVC glue, glue that to a 6 foot piece of pipe, screw that back into the opening...now the water has somewhere to go, functions like it is supposed to...and stays off the paint.
    Attachment 40770

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Magus View Post
    I had the same situation. I just finished painting mine with epoxy. What I did. The drain...should have a hydrostatic valve. You need to unscrew this valve...go to home depot, get a PVC thread like the one you just took out, and with PVC glue, glue that to a 6 foot piece of pipe, screw that back into the opening...now the water has somewhere to go, functions like it is supposed to...and stays off the paint.
    Attachment 40770
    thank you so much!! I think I have it figured out.