Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CH Raising

1. Back To Top    #1

CH Raising

I am having an issue with CH raising. CH starter at 225 and almost 6 month later is at 425. Is this because of the new plaster? The only thing I am adding to the water is MA every 3 days to balance the PH. Any suggestion?

Note:" Tap water CH is 75
    12K gallons, IG, Durazzo, Pentair cartridge filter, Jandy ePump JEP2.0 VSP , Pool started March 2, 2015, South FL

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CH Raising

Keep your pH down closer to 7.2-7.4 range to avoid scaling. Its a newer pool I take it?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes, almost 6 months old.
    12K gallons, IG, Durazzo, Pentair cartridge filter, Jandy ePump JEP2.0 VSP , Pool started March 2, 2015, South FL

4. Back To Top    #4

I'd say you're doing well. Curing plaster will raise CH. Evaporation and refill will also raise pH. You live in Florida where it rains. Grab as much rainwater as you can to dilute things. Just remember that CYA drops the same percentage as the CH is you pump out the overflow.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks guys. I was thinking to close the skimmer when is raining and pump water from only from the drains, that way I can keep more rain water in the pool.