Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vacuuming with dual suction lines

1. Back To Top    #1

Vacuuming with dual suction lines

How do I vacuum with dual suction lines? I am used to only having one line. The suction now with two lines doesn't seem like it will be enough if I connect the vacuum to one line and the other line is still suctioning as well. Does anyone have any experience with this? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Vacuuming with dual suction lines

See my photos about 1/4 way down the page. I use the skimmer basket vaccuum system that intex made. The skimmer attachment that screws to the intake is the same as for the old blue pools.

How to use suction-based vacuum with dual outlets?
    Intex 18ft dia. Ultraframe, 6500 gal. above ground Intex pool with Hayward C550 cartridge type filter and Intex Krystal Clear Ozone and saltwater system model ZS8110, Taylor K-2006 test Kit, Pool filter supplemented with Duda Diesel 1 micron filter bag
    Located in Cypress, Tx.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Re: Vacuuming with dual suction lines

Quote Originally Posted by Ceranade7 View Post
    How do I vacuum with dual suction lines? I am used to only having one line. The suction now with two lines doesn't seem like it will be enough if I connect the vacuum to one line and the other line is still suctioning as well. Does anyone have any experience with this? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
    Before I got the adapter that let me hook directly to the pump I put the plug over the one inlet, and hook the vacuum up to the other.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!