Replacing pump and booster with variable speed Pentair

ranman

Jul 26, 2015
Houston, TX
My 2 HP main pool pump finally died and am planning on replacing it with a variable speed 3 HP Pentair 011018. I've searched and found several threads that confirm I can use this to also replace my booster pump (to drive my Polaris 360) but cant find anything that tells me how. Is it as simple as putting a t joint in the PVC? Should I put a valve? Is there anything else I should do to tie the outputs together?

Once the outputs are connected, I am guessing water flows through the Polaris at all times but only when the water flow is high enough to move it will it go. Is it any more complicated than that?

First, the 360 does not require a booster so I am surprised you are using one. And yes, you would simply bypass the current booster.

380 requires a booster. It would be a very bad idea to try and run that without a booster because you would have to direct all the flow to the cleaner and the flow through the filter would be very slow and skimming would probably not work very well.

If you really want to run without a booster, get a cleaner that does not require a booster.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.