New here, first post. Hoping someone can shed some light on my dilemma before I set my spa on fire.
So a while back one of my pumps started making a horrible sound. I stopped using it right away. Took off the front panel and saw an indication of a water leak where the shaft goes onto the wet end. Pulled the pump. Took it apart and noticed the front bearing had gotten wet. I replaced both bearings and rebuilt the wet end with new parts. Wait, go back...I had trouble putting on the new bearings, brought it into the shop and used a press. (sigh) By the time it dawned on me to pull out a micrometer, I had bent the shaft. So, I ordered a new armature. Got that squared away and put it back into the tub. Turned it on....nothing, just humming. This motor only has a run capacitor so for good measure I checked and replaced it. Same humming. I assumed it was an airlock giving me problems. I loosened the connection going into the wet end, water flows out, didn't really hear air escaping. Same, humming. I took off the back and and made sure the switch was bent forward enough to make contact and that everything was clean. This helped a bit, but not enough. The situation now, the pump will not get going in low speed (filtration) but if I use the controls to turn on the jets, it'll get turning in high speed (but not nearly as fast as it should). I still get the error message, "FLO".
I'm left thinking I still have air in the system but I've bled that coupling over and over. My next step is to pull the thing again and test it (quickly) dry. See if it'll get running without being connected to that wet end. Other than that, I really don't know what else.