New Pool Build in Spring, TX

Rphpool- just as an FYI-if your neighbors yard is supposed to drain into your yard (the natural flow of water) then that might be a problem for you. I don't believe you are supposed to block the natural flow of water. If your neighbor complains, you may have to fix it.

Does the one running diagonally across the yard end up at the AT&T junction box?
Normally you would have 1 line coming out of the ground into the box.
Like Kimkats, I would carefully dig next to what he marked and verify. However, I live on 16 ft of sand so I could do it in a few minutes.

There is a junction box right on the other side of the western fence. There is another junction box on the eastern side of our eastern neighbor's yard. So the line running diagonally would have to go all the way across that neighbor's yard. That's why the guy who was marking things was confused.

You are not going to get any more help from AT&T. They will standby what was already marked...because nothing is recorded in a file on how the lines were laid in your yard.

Not sure what that means. I have two lines marked in my yard. So do I call them to move the diagonal one? What if it's really extraneous?

- - - Updated - - -

Your bulid is exactly like mine was! Same issues with sprinkler and side yard access. I would dig up and move all sprinklers and pipe from under deck even if they are still going to be used. The one thing I did was just before they started decking I turned on the backyard sprinkler system just to make sure all was ok. Well it was not ok, 2 broken pipes, but I did have them fixed by PB before decking. As to the side yard, I also leaned the fence they took down for access in front of the valve box and backflow preventer. I was not going to take a chance. As to the slope of yard the mini excuvator they used pushed so much dirt against the shared fence that it leaned WAY over to my neighbors side. The PB did come back and fix the fence and the new slope created actually worked in my advantage. I now have higher elavation on that side yard and it drains very well.

Good luck it's a process!

Thanks for the info. The PB did say the mini would push dirt against the fence and that it would lean. They would fix it afterwards. As to drainage, our yard is supposed to be higher than theirs anyway, but that house was built after ours and the landscaping crew made sure their sod was higher than ours so the drainage line goes down our side of the fence (on both sides actually). So this would help restore what should have been. Haha.

Re: New Pool Build in Spring, TX - Final Renderings

Here are the final renderings from the PB.

You can see that we have a small back yard and the 10 ft easement along the back fence reduces available area. The PB wants to leave a little green space between the deck and house. His reasoning is two-fold: 1) decking up against the house makes it look like a parking lot and he would rather leave us some room to be creative and 2) it allows us as the years move on to water the foundation. I'm not sold on this idea so we have some time to change our minds. If we do it won't cost us any more because we're not at his minimum pour charge and still probably won't be filling in those little gaps.

As it sits we don't have much deck space but that's OK.

On the side with the Mountains (there are some big'ns in the Woodlands) I would extend the deck large enough for chaise lounges.

Do not pour decking of sprinkler pipes.

John

Rphpool- just as an FYI-if your neighbors yard is supposed to drain into your yard (the natural flow of water) then that might be a problem for you. I don't believe you are supposed to block the natural flow of water. If your neighbor complains, you may have to fix it.

The natural flow is right down the middle of fence line. My neighbor has 3 drains along his side of fence so all is well. Thanks though!

Not sure what that means. I have two lines marked in my yard. So do I call them to move the diagonal one? What if it's really extraneous?

Sorry about the confusion bdrums. The context of my response was "calling AT&T to verify." I should have responded more thoroughly. If I was in your place, I would call them and tell them your plans and that you are confused by what the guy marked. You do want to interrupt yours or anyone else services, but he marked a line that is clearly not in the service easement. What needs to be done to get this line relocated?

I would assume if you emphasis the "not in the service easement," they should not charge for this relocation. But another post here kind of contradicts my belief. Even at my own house, my original AT&T line (2000) runs right along my drive way. I live on 3 acres. When I built my house in 2008, the simply ran a completely new line that was closer to the easement but still not in it. I was not charged for either so I did not have any complaints at the time.

Unfortunately 'the service easement' is only relevant to the main lines going through the neighborhood.
The individual services to houses come from a box in this easement but then go wherever the service is required.
There is little logic to what path these service runs follow.

There is little logic to what path these service runs follow.

Indeed. Our PB says shortest line. The guy marking says the contractors are paid by the foot so longer line.

I don't know.

I talked with AT&T and all they said was it has to be relocated and to call 811. No concern or comment that there are 2 runs in my yard.

Waiting on advice from my PB.

- - - Updated - - -

Update to include my sig. For some reason on mobile, Show Signature is always unchecked. But that's a separate issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Second update for sig issues.

We found live 240v PG&E power lines, old AT&T lines, and cable lines during our dig - we cut the unused ones - and re-burried the LIVE power lines as per the Utility company...

Kind of crazy - I was tempted to just connect my pool equipment up to the 240V lines running through my property as a tax!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
New Pool Build in Spring, TX - DIG PIX!

We have dig pix! As you may recall, we have a narrow access issue. Can't remove either side fence. Diggers (Houston Diggers - highly recommended BTW!) showed up with a Bobcat T450. Barely fit between the house and the fence going in. Couldn't fit leaving due to the turn radius and bucket in front. So, neighbors hadn't moved in yet so we took down that one section by the back corner of house and they did a great job keeping everything on my property. The PB was even out there helping sweep dirt off their yard.

Some thoughts on the actual dig:
1. I'm amazed at how deep of a trench this thing dug while running back and forth. I think a couple of times he dumped some dirt from the pool out on the track to keep it from going too deep.
2. Guy driving the Bobcat knew what he was doing. I was impressed. Couldn't stop watching him work.
3. They broke ground at 8:30a (running one dump truck) and left the property at 5:00pm. Done. Again, with the mini Bobcat, I was impressed.
4. Sometime early afternoon heard thunder. Looked at radar and saw activity all around us. But a clear spot was sitting right over us. #blessed!
5. Uh - the hole is a lot bigger than I thought it would be! I was worried the pool would be too small. No longer a concern.
6. PB is a great guy. Out there working with the diggers and talking to us. I think we made a good choice.

So, fence segment is down and the dig is about half way done. Wife taps me on the shoulder and I look out and coming into our yard is the neighbor and he is walking with a purpose. I'm thinking we're about to get an ear full. BUT! Dude is moving in his daughter and he knows our PB! Our PB had built his pool in the neighborhood across the main street from us! What a way to meet our new neighbors.

On to the pics:
Last time to see nice pristine St Augustine in our yard.
Dig1_zpsigyvl3io.jpg

Dig3_zpsdtchs7xs.jpg

Dig4_zpss1jyt6fp.jpg

Had to come up between the flower beds.
Dig5_zpsafvcwklh.jpg

Dig6_zpso43c3jhw.jpg

Dig7_zps0depxdt5.jpg

Dig8_zps61mlqfse.jpg

Dig9_zpsr5qli71g.jpg

Dig10_zpssardnbyy.jpg

Shallow end
Dig11_zpszkpaa10n.jpg

Deep end
Dig12_zpsj5vfksz3.jpg

The JRT supervising!
LexiPoolDig_zpsd3ruowl9.jpg

Re: New Pool Build in Spring, TX - DIG PIX!

Which builder did you go with, if i may ask? One were talking to is also recommending the PCC..

We have dig pix! As you may recall, we have a narrow access issue. Can't remove either side fence. Diggers (Houston Diggers - highly recommended BTW!) showed up with a Bobcat T450. Barely fit between the house and the fence going in. Couldn't fit leaving due to the turn radius and bucket in front. So, neighbors hadn't moved in yet so we took down that one section by the back corner of house and they did a great job keeping everything on my property. The PB was even out there helping sweep dirt off their yard.

Some thoughts on the actual dig:
1. I'm amazed at how deep of a trench this thing dug while running back and forth. I think a couple of times he dumped some dirt from the pool out on the track to keep it from going too deep.
2. Guy driving the Bobcat knew what he was doing. I was impressed. Couldn't stop watching him work.
3. They broke ground at 8:30a (running one dump truck) and left the property at 5:00pm. Done. Again, with the mini Bobcat, I was impressed.
4. Sometime early afternoon heard thunder. Looked at radar and saw activity all around us. But a clear spot was sitting right over us. #blessed!
5. Uh - the hole is a lot bigger than I thought it would be! I was worried the pool would be too small. No longer a concern.
6. PB is a great guy. Out there working with the diggers and talking to us. I think we made a good choice.

So, fence segment is down and the dig is about half way done. Wife taps me on the shoulder and I look out and coming into our yard is the neighbor and he is walking with a purpose. I'm thinking we're about to get an ear full. BUT! Dude is moving in his daughter and he knows our PB! Our PB had built his pool in the neighborhood across the main street from us! What a way to meet our new neighbors.

On to the pics:
Last time to see nice pristine St Augustine in our yard.
Dig1_zpsigyvl3io.jpg

Dig3_zpsdtchs7xs.jpg

Dig4_zpss1jyt6fp.jpg

Had to come up between the flower beds.
Dig5_zpsafvcwklh.jpg

Dig6_zpso43c3jhw.jpg

Dig7_zps0depxdt5.jpg

Dig8_zps61mlqfse.jpg

Dig9_zpsr5qli71g.jpg

Dig10_zpssardnbyy.jpg

Shallow end
Dig11_zpszkpaa10n.jpg

Deep end
Dig12_zpsj5vfksz3.jpg

The JRT supervising!
LexiPoolDig_zpsd3ruowl9.jpg

Awesome pics. The pool is going to look great. Thanks for sharing them. I agree the Bobcat was definitely cutting it close in few spots for sure. another 1 inch there by the house, and he would have had to tip it on it's side to squeeze through. Luckily Jack was there to supervise, and prevent any major mishaps. I know you must be so excited, and we're all excited for you. Keep the progress pics coming, and have a wonderful day. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.