Final Review posted at post #240
Initial fill complete. Waiting on startup.
Pre dig questions posted at #19.
We're still a couple of weeks away (probably) from the dig. I want to prepare for the least amount of impact on our sprinkler system. I have 3 questions.
1. Some of the heads will be covered by the deck and the equipment pad. We're considering digging these up prior to construction and either capping the to-be-covered heads or running all new lines so there are no joints under concrete. What did you do and what would you do different?
2. The control valve system for the sprinkler system is on the side of house the excavator will use. So there is risk of damage there. The PB said he would try to have the operator miss the valve system. We have narrow access and can't take down the shared fence, so the PB is bringing in a mini excavator, but there is enough room where the valve system is to navigate around it. I'm not banking on the operator guy doing as he was asked. He'll make dozens of trips along that side of the house so I just know he'll run over them. What can I do to mitigate the damage? Maybe dig up the valve system and turn off the sprinkler system while construction is going on then re-install the valves?
3. The side of the house where the excavator will run is sloped significantly. The PB said they would have to level it for the excavator. Probably by scraping dirt from the high side (near the house) and filling the low side (near the fence). Would we be better off bringing in extra dirt and building up the fence side? Might cause too much pressure on the wooden fence though.
Signed contract last night! Had a tough choice between 2 excellent builders. Would have been satisfied with either one.
In ground gunite pool with raised spa.
33' x 17' free form
12" wall along back
440 pool / 500 total sq ft.
3.6' to 6'
8 Waterway jets in spa
Spa waterfall into pool
Spa water bubbler
6 stone scuppers on wall
Oklahoma flagstone coping, wall and waterline
Stamped concrete deck
PebbleTec or PebbleSheen level 1
(Images to come soon, I hope. I have hard copies but not digital)
- 60 DE filter
- 2.0 VS main pump
- 2.0 Flo Pro for scuppers
- 1.5 Stealth for PV3
- Savi Melody 28w pool lights (3)
- Savi Melody 14w for spa
- PDA PS6
- JXi 400K BTU natural gas heater
- PV3 in floor cleaning system
- MDX main drain in pool and in spa
- SDX secondary
- 1.5hp air blower
- Zodiac Nature2 Fusion Inground
- Paramount ClearO3
(I don't plan to run these. The builder includes them in his package. I hope I can catch the installers and just not install these.)
(Removed original post as no longer relevant)
Now the interminable wait for permits & lending.