advise on this bid please...

Jul 8, 2015
O-H-I-O
pool drawing.jpg
This what we are looking at.

18x40 vinyl roman one end with sun deck.

6' flyte deck dive
Pentair 250,000 Heater
4 glo-brite
Pentair 320sq ft cartridge filter
Intelliflo pump
Frog system (i will be talking with him to remove if we dont go salt)
750 sq ft concrete decking
$600 trucked in city water set liner

Cost of $37,700

Safety cover is $2400 and not in the bid. He said we can work something out for the cover.

looking at upgrading the filter to 420 and heater to 300,000. He said that will be under $300 between the two.

If we want salt, then he wants to charge $1,300 for the generator and $2000 to upgrade to polymer walls.

Builder is very reputable and I personally know happy clients. I would love to get the cover and salt for a great deal by paying in cash, but i dont know what a reasonable offer would be as to not offend and get a good value.

Thanks for any and all advice

Get EVERYTHING in writing! Do not let him say "we will work something out". You are setting yourself up for problems and big $$ problems.

Even if you do or do not got with the SWG please do NOT get the frog system. It uses metals and the packs are quite expensive to replace.

It would be much cheaper and better for you and the pool to spend that money on a good test kit. You can find the ones we use and love in my siggy.

Good luck!
Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.