Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vacuum for Intex pool 1.5" hoses

1. Back To Top    #1

Vacuum for Intex pool 1.5" hoses

Hello!
    we recently put up an Intex 18 ft by 48 in pool. This has the Krystal Clear pump shown here

Intex 1500 Gph Pool Filter Pump + 12 Type A Filters

We are looking for a vacuum but all vacuums we've found are either the venturi style which we don't want/ can't use bc we don't want to pump out well water into the pool we paid $300 to have filled.

All pump vacuum attach into skimmer styled pumps but we don't have those. We have two 1.5" hoses going to the inlet of the pump, and one 1.5" hose going out of the pump back to the pool.

The only 1.5" hoses for vacuums that I can find are generic ones and I don't know how I would connect those to the pump or the other inlet hose. I'm sure someone else out there has this same pool/pump. How can I get a vacuum set up for it? Thank you !

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Vacuum for Intex pool 1.5" hoses

There is a couple options. Google intex vacuum adapter.

3. Back To Top    #3

The vacuum we bought was sold individually. As was the pole and hose we bought. The hose came with a clear plastic piece to put on the pump in case the hose itself was too big to fit.
    24ftx50in 13,500 gal Summer Escapes AG, stock one speed pump w/ cartridge filters

4. Back To Top    #4

The vacuum we bought was sold individually. As was the pole and hose we bought. The hose came with a clear plastic piece to put on the pump in case the hose itself was too big to fit.
    24ftx50in 13,500 gal Summer Escapes AG, stock one speed pump w/ cartridge filters

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi I'M having the same problem. I just purchased a generic suction vacuum that said it was compatible with above ground pools which it doesn't seem to be. I also have the two 1.5" intake lines which also have a built in strainer that prevents attaching an adaptor. When I tried to attach the vacuum (by just holding it in place) to one of the intake lines there was no pressure because of the second line. I tried to cover the second line and it worked great but the pump wasn't getting enough water. I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you but hopefully someone does.
    Thanks
    Intex 12 x 24 x 52 pool with 1600/GPH pump and sand filter. Also have intex saltwater sysyem w/ E.C.O. First year pool owner.