Help leveling

Jul 26, 2015
Ohio
Please help!! We are in the process of installing an inground vinyl liner pool with steel walls (hydra pools). While we thought the grade was perfectly level the last three panels seem to be sitting about 2 inches lower. Is there any safe way to build up that area since it is just the one corner that is off?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Generally you want to dig down to undisturbed soil all around. It is possible to build up if you use the right material and sufficiently compact it in levels.

Thanks Jason for responding so quickly. Since it is only 2 in off at the lowest point what materials would you recommend for building it up? We have had so many dig delays thanks to so much rain in Ohio this summer. To get the excavator back out here would end up delaying at least another week.

I don't know. I am not a soil engineer ;)

I know I have seen mention of "crusher" fill that can be compacted. In reality, I am not sure that the steel walls of a vinyl pool actually support much downward weight.

hmmm, maybe shims to level it out and then when they pour your concrete collar the concrete could fill the void in those panels?? you would need boards inside to keep the concrete from coming inside the pool area..

I am also not "in the business" just thinking out loud :)

What blizzle is referring to is called Crusher run in NC. You quarry may have it by a different name but they have it. It is essentially crushed limestone in every imiginable size (including dust) on up to about 3/4 inch. It will compact very nicely and will not "ooze" out from underneath your wall. It is what you need.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.